FAQ: What Is The Goldwater Scholarship?
- 1 How competitive is the Goldwater Scholarship?
- 2 How does the Goldwater Scholarship work?
- 3 How much money is the Goldwater Scholarship?
- 4 How do you become a Goldwater Scholar?
- 5 What is the most prestigious scholarship?
- 6 Who is eligible for Goldwater Scholarship?
- 7 When can you apply for the Goldwater Scholarship?
- 8 What is the Beinecke Scholarship?
- 9 Is Goldwater Scholarship taxable?
How competitive is the Goldwater Scholarship?
Competition for the scholarship is intense. Colleges and universities are allowed to nominate only four of their undergraduate students per year to receive the final scholarship, making it a premier award in the US conferred upon undergraduates studying the sciences.
How does the Goldwater Scholarship work?
The Goldwater provies one- or two-year awards of $7,500 for undergraduate educational expenses. Sophomores and juniors majoring in mathematics, sciences, or engineering who are U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, or permanent residents are eligible to apply.
How much money is the Goldwater Scholarship?
AMOUNT OF THE SCHOLARSHIP Each Goldwater Scholar annually receives an amount equal to the cost of tuition, mandatory fees, books, and room and board minus the amount of support provided for by other sources, up to a maximum of $7.500 per full academic year.
How do you become a Goldwater Scholar?
Even just becoming an applicant for the Goldwater Scholarship — let alone a winner or an honorable mention — is the mark of an exceptional student: To apply, a student must be nominated by a Goldwater Campus Representative.
What is the most prestigious scholarship?
The Most Prestigious Scholarships and Fellowships
- National Merit Scholarship (Academic Excellence)
- Rhodes Scholarships (Study at the University of Oxford)
- Schwarzman Scholarship (Graduate study at Tsinghua University in Beijing)
- Winston Churchill Scholarship (Study in STEM at Churchill College, Cambridge University)
Who is eligible for Goldwater Scholarship?
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a U.S. national, citizen, or legal alien who is a current or prospective student in mathematics, natural sciences or engineering; and has been accepted or are enrolled in an accredited degree program, college or university.
When can you apply for the Goldwater Scholarship?
Mid-late October: complete pre-applications and talk to research mentors and professors about letters of recommendation. October 22, 4:30-5:30PM; GHC 4211: Goldwater Application Workshop • October 23: Pre-application deadline.
What is the Beinecke Scholarship?
Description: This scholarship is to support students of “exceptional promise” as they attend graduate school. A student receives $4,000 in their senior year of college and $30,000 while in graduate school. Duke may nominate one junior applicant annually.
Is Goldwater Scholarship taxable?
As a reminder, there is no tax liability on the Goldwater Scholarship. You’re welcome!