Often asked: What Can I Do With A Bachelor Degree In Nursing?
- 1 What can you do with a bachelor’s degree in nursing?
- 2 What can you do with a nursing degree if you don’t want to be a nurse?
- 3 Can you work as a nurse with a bachelor’s degree?
- 4 How can I become a nurse with a Bachelor’s degree?
- 5 What to do if you hate being a nurse?
- 6 Can a nurse become a doctor?
- 7 What else can I do besides nursing?
- 8 What is the major for nursing called?
- 9 How long is a bachelor’s degree in nursing?
- 10 Why are nurses paid so much?
- 11 Are nurses salary or hourly?
- 12 Do ICU nurses make more money?
What can you do with a bachelor’s degree in nursing?
Here are some ideas to help you find a nursing career you can thrive in.
- Become a nurse educator.
- Pursue a leadership role.
- Explore careers in Information Technology (IT)
- Consider work-from-home nursing jobs.
- Work for an insurance company.
- Consider a career in pharmaceuticals.
- Explore your other patient care options.
What can you do with a nursing degree if you don’t want to be a nurse?
If you’re hoping to get away from bedside nursing, you may want to consider one of these non-nursing jobs for nurses:
- Quality management nurse consultant.
- Nurse manager.
- Nursing researcher.
- Diabetes educator.
- Life care planner.
- Nursing informatics specialist.
- Clinical ethicist.
- Legal nurse consultant.
Can you work as a nurse with a bachelor’s degree?
While most nurses are registered nurses (RNs) with a bachelor of science in nursing (BSN), there are far more jobs you can do depending on the type of nursing degree you have. There are tons of nursing specialties for which these degrees can prepare you.
How can I become a nurse with a Bachelor’s degree?
Study a Bachelor of Nursing To become a nurse, you must complete an accredited Bachelor of Nursing degree at University. Accreditation is granted by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council and approved by the NMBA.
What to do if you hate being a nurse?
You can try Public Health Nursing if you’d rather care for communities than individual patients in a hospital. You can become a Nutritionist Nurse or an Occupational Health Nurse if your goal is a less stressful nursing career.
Can a nurse become a doctor?
Nurses and doctors are both essential parts of the healthcare field and work together closely to ensure that patients receive the best possible care. But a registered nurse (RN) can become a medical doctor (MD), as long as they go through the additional schooling, training, and exams.
What else can I do besides nursing?
Similar Professions to Nursing
- Medical Assistant. A medical assistant is a certified healthcare professional that takes on both administrative and clinical tasks in a medical practice.
- Dental Hygienist.
- Histology Technician.
- Respiratory Therapist.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant.
What is the major for nursing called?
Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) A bachelor’s degree is becoming the new educational standard for registered nurses, as hospitals and other healthcare organizations respond to the Institute of Medicine’s call to increase their bachelors-prepared RN staff to 80 percent by 2020.
How long is a bachelor’s degree in nursing?
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) often takes four years to complete. This degree is ideal for those who want to learn the full professional scope of nursing as a career choice.
Why are nurses paid so much?
High demand, the high cost of living and union power underlie the higher salaries of California’s registered nurses. Burger said the nurse’s union has also played a role in assuring that nurses have access to pension plans and that they retire with health benefits.
Are nurses salary or hourly?
Nurses across the board start their careers with a lower-paying salary than a more experienced RN. Amongst the nurses we polled, the average hourly wage for new nurses was $29.04.
Do ICU nurses make more money?
ICU nurses assist in their diagnosis, charting, and their overall well-being. For this reason, ICU nurses are paid on average more than regular nurses.